This is a spectacular two days tour for you to enjoy the greatness of Tien – Shan Mountains. You will immerse into the nomadic lifestyle and will learn more about the culture of kyrgyz people.
During this tour you will learn more about the culture of nomads and some historical facts about Kyrgyz people. You will be charmed with the beauty of mountainous lake Son Kul and breath a heady fresh air. There you will have a chance to spend a night in a yurt like a real nomad. Meeting point: Main door of the State Historical Museum, Ala Too Square, 9 am.
Day 1. Bishkek city – Son Kul Lake (380 km / 7 hours).
9:00 am pick up from the place we agreed beforehand in Bishkek city.
Today we head to Son Kul Lake (3016 m) and do it in two steps. First of all one hour drive to Tokmok town to visit Burana Tower historical complex for excursion, that also lasts 1 hour.
After excursion drive 15 minutes more to reach lunch place in a local family of Tokmok town (included). The second step is to reach Son Kul Lake. From Tokmok town to Son Kul takes 5 hours of driving. Late afternoon arrival and accommodation in a yurt camp. Free time to walk around.
Dinner is included. Night in yurt camp.
Breakfast in the yurt camp at 8 am.
Start drive back to Bishkek city at 9 am.
Today we also use two steps system. Before the noon time reach Kochkor village and visit local famous souvenir shop-museum. Lunch in Kochkor village (included). Around 2 pm we finish lunch and head further to Bishkek city.
After 3 hours of driving return back to Bishkek. You will be taken by your guide and driver to the address that we agreed beforehand.
Dinner is not included.
The Trip Cost Includes
- • English, Russian speaking guide
- • Transfers from site to site
- • Mineral water (1 l per person per day)
- • Entrance and ecological fees where necessary
- • Meal: (breakfasts – 1, lunches – 2, dinners – 1)
- • Accommodation in the yurt camp - 1 night.
- • Spanish, German, Kyrgyz, French, Japanese speaking guide, please check with a manager availability of a guide and extra charge.
Price per person
- FROM = 280$
Price per person
- Hat (very active sun on the high altitude).
- Personal first aid kit.
- Small walking sticks for Son Kul hiking.
- A flask for water.
- Photo camera.
- A smaller backpack./li>
- Sun-screen cream (30 or higher)./li>
Necessary things to take with you
- Warm clothes (as Son Kul is a cold place all year around).