This tour is a great opportunity to soak into the fascinating beauty of the Great Silk Road, you will learn more about the history and culture of nomads, you will have a chance to try yourself in felt making. And after all you will spend a night in a yurt as a real nomad.
Meeting place: Main door of the State Historical Museum, Ala Too Square, 8 am.
9:00 am pick up from the place we agreed beforehand in Bishkek city (it can be a hotel, a guest house, etc.)
Today we head to the Issyk Kul Lake. First of all one hour drive to Tokmok town to visit Burana Towerhistorical complex for excursion, that also lasts 1 hour.
After excursion drive 15 minutes more to reach lunch place in a local family of Tokmok town (included).
Later drive to Bokonbaev village, which situated on the south shore of Issyk Kul Lake. Around 3-4 pm arrival to Bokonbaev village and visit local famous workshop of producing felt to learn about all steps from the shearing sheep till the ready felt product.
30 minutes excursion and drive further to the shore of the Lake to the Almaluu yurt camp. Accommodation and overnight. Dinner is included.
Breakfast in the yurt camp at 8 am. Start drive to Karakol town at 9 am. Before the noon time reach Jety Oguz gorge for nice hiking. Visit famous “Broken Heart” and “7 Bulls”.
Walking along the canyon (1-2 hours) and drive to Karakol town. Lunch picnic is included.
Arrival to Karakol in the afternoon (around 3 pm) and start city tour. There are number of places to visit:
1) Dungan mosque (duration of excursion – 20 min)
2) Orthodox Cathedral (duration of excursion – 30 min)
3) Victory park (duration of excursion – 20 min)
4) Ethnographical museum (duration of excursion – 40 min)
Accommodation in the guest house. Dinner is not included.
Start at regular 9 am and drive along the north shore of Issyk Kul Lake in the direction of Bishkek city.
There are several stops on the way we consider. First of all we spend 1 hour to reach Scythian burial mounds where we stop for 10 minutes to admire landscapes of Issyk Kul Lake and learn about BC era in Kyrgyzstan.
Around 12 am reach Cholpon Ata town and visit Petroglyphs site (duration of the excursion 50 minutes). Here we also devote one hour for the lunch in a local café (not included).
Around 2 pm start from Cholpon Ata to Bishkek and arrive to the capital in evening (approximately 6-7 pm). You will be taken by your guide and driver to the address that we agreed beforehand. Dinner is not included.
The Trip Cost Includes
- • English, Russian speaking guide
- • Transfers according the program
- • Mineral water (1 l per person per day)
- • Entrance and ecological fees where necessary
- • Meal: (breakfasts – 2, lunches – 2, dinner – 1)
- • Accommodation - 2 nights
- • Spanish, German, Kyrgyz, French, Japanese speaking guide, please check with a manager availability of a guide and extra charge.
Price per person
- FROM = 380$
Useful things to take with you
- 1. Hat (very active sun at the Issyk Kul).
- 2. Personal first aid kit.
- 3. A flask for water.
- 4. Sunglasses.
- 5. Photo camera.
- 6. Sun-screen cream (30 or higher).
- 7. Insect repellent (skin + clothes).
- 8. Good trekking boots for easy hikes in the mountains.
- 9. Personal hygiene kit (disinfection gel is highly recommended) + some toilet paper.
- 10.Swimming suit (for Issyk-Kul)
- 11.Flashlight (torch)
Necessary things to take with you
- 1. Warm clothes.