Ski – Tour in Karkara
Do you ski in the mountains?
Do you ski on unused tracks or are you just planning?
Do you want to combine mountain hiking with skiing?
Do you want to see winter beauty of Tien-Shan Mountains?
In that case this offer is for you!
What does skiing-tour mean? The skiing-tour is a combination of climbing to mountain’s top on certain type of ski and skiing down. The speed participants can choose themself. During the ascent you can enjoy with outstanding scenery of high mountains and rhythmic creak of skis. On the top you will feel full of energy and the best condition for that happy faces of your companies. The next step is going down by the virgin soil. Downhill skiing conditions might be different all depends on amount of snow and steepness of slopes.
Skiing skill is not much important. A lot of people learn skiing during the trip. On downhill skiing you will be overwhelmed with joy and pride of yourself. Every day you will have new challenges and new achievements. You will experience unforgettable feelings!
Skiing tour in Tien-Shan Mountains is the great possibility to be prepared for big skiing tours in the whole world. This program will give you an opportunity get to feel Kyrgyz mountain’s spirit. For the one who wants to learn about hospitality and culture of Kyrgyz people we can install Yurts which are handmade according Kyrgyz tradition.
Karkara Camp will be active: from the beginning of December 2019 till midst of March 2020.
Day 1. Arrival in Kyrgyzstan, pick up at the airport, transfer to Karkara camp (2200 m.). Accommodation at the cottages.
Day 2-7. Skiing tour to the nearest Charkuduk pass, Tup valley, Tuz gorge and Urchashka. (vertical elevation difference from 300 m. to 800 m.). Overnights at the cottages of Karkara camp.
Day 8. After lunch drive to Bishkek. Farewell dinner in the restaurant. Transfer to the airport for flight back home.
Breakfast in the camp, preparation for leaving. Transfer to Bishkek and then to airport. Departure to home.
Tour program price for 2019-2020: 1160 USD per person
The tour price includes:
- accommodation in Karkara base camp with full board (hot breakfast and dinner, and lunch-boxes for lunch) – 7 nights;
- ski guide and assistance (for groups 5 and more person);
- full-board for the whole trip;
- snowmobile for delivering skiers to the foot of slopes;
- all transfers per the program;
- border permit;
- ecology fees per the program.
Tour price does not include:
- hotel in Bishkek
- visa support letter and consular fee (if necessary)
- any extra services out of the main program
- food and beverages which are not included on the main menu
- other personal expenses (fee for extra weight of the luggage, room service, medical insurance/expenses, etc.)
The equipment below is recommended to take with you for the ski tour program:
- Avalanche probe
- Snow shovel
- Ski helmet (optional)
- Backpack with ABS (optional)
- Ski / snowboard
- Ski tour boots / snowboard boots
- Ski sticks or telescopic poles
- Alpine mask
- Ski skin
Clothes and equipment:
- Backpack – 25-40 l.
- Sleeping bag -1
- Head lamp -1 + set of spare batteries
- Folding knife – 1
- Ski jacket -1
- Gorteks: pants, jaket – 1set.
- Polartec jacket 200 -1 pants – 1
- Thermal clothing – 1set.
- Polartec 100 – 1set.
- Warm gloves – 2 pair + windproof gloves -1pair
- Warm hat -1
- Neck face mask -1
- Warm socks -2 pairs
- Just socks; optional.
- Sun protection cream
- Trekking boots (alternative shoes)
- Personal first-aid kit
Group 1 – from 21 to 28 of December 2019.
Group 2 – from 11 to 18 of January 2020.
Group 3 – from 25 of January 1 of February 2020.
Group 4 – from 1 to 8 of February 2020.
Group 5 – from 8 to 15 of February 2020.
Group 6 – from 22 to 29 of February 2020.
Group 7 – from 7 to 14 of Mart 2020.