Trekking to the Mecca of Alpinism (national park Ala Archa)
Meeting point and time: Main entrance of the State Historical Museum, Ala Too Square, 9 am
9:00 – 10:00 1 hour drive from Bishkek to the Ala Archa National Park
10:00 – 17:00 Walking or hiking in the park
17:00 – 18:00 1 hour drive back to Bishkek
Today we head to Ala Archa canyon for a nice challenging hiking.
It takes 1,5 hours to reach the area of the old alpine camp, where all cars park and where all walks, hikes and treks starts. Free time to choose one of the routes below.
There are 2 main routes, different from each other by the level of difficulty:
The route #1 – beginner’s level:
Alpine camp – “Broken heart” – Tepshi plate.
Duration: 2 hours both ways.
The route #2 – medium difficulty:
Alpine camp – waterfall.
Duration: 4-5 hours both ways.
Please don’t forget to have lunch picnic on the way and make sure to return back to the parking lot not later than 5 pm. 5 pm is a time of departure back to Bishkek city. At 6 pm we are be in Bishkek.
You are delivered to the address agreed beforehand.
From 95 USD per person. Pls. check the dates in the calendar and book the tour now!
The price includes:
- English, Russian speaking guide
- Transfer from site to site
- Entrance fees
- Water (1 liter per person)
- Lunch box – approx.15 USD p/p
- Spanish, German, Kyrgyz, French, Japanese speaking guide – please check with a manager availability of a guide and extra charge for the service.
Useful things to take with you:
- Warm/waterproof jacket
- Personal first aid kit
- You may want to have walking sticks
- Flask for water.
- Photo camera.
- Daily backpack.
- Sun-screen cream (30 or higher).
- Insect fogger
Necessary things to take with you:
- Good trekking boots for hiking in the mountains
- Long sleeves shirt and trousers (no shorts or topics).