Trekking to the Turquoise Fairy Tale (Kol Tor lake)
This is exciting two days tour to enjoy the natural beauty of the great Tien – Shan Mountains.
During this tour you will visit Kegety gorge, incredibly beautiful lake Kol Tor. Also you will have a chance to go for a horse riding as an option (for extra charge).
Meeting point: Main door of the State Historical Museum, Ala Too Square, 9 am.
Pick up from the place we agree beforehand in Bishkek city (9 am) (it can be a hotel, a guest house, etc.) and head to Kegety gorge that situated 90 km from Bishkek.
Upon arrival to the gorge (around 11 am) we start our trek to Kol Tor Lake.
Up to the Lake: 7,5 km; 3-4 hours; +900m.
Upon arrival to the lake you will have time to enjoy this picturesque area and a valley. Have some snacks after long challenging climbing and relax on the shore of the small lake (around 1 hour).
Down from the Lake: 7,5 km; 1,5 – 2 hours; -900m.
Return back to the beginning of the canyon and get accommodated at the local mountains resort.
Dinner is included. Overnight.
Breakfast between 8 and 9 am. Before departure back to Bishkek we have time to walk around the resort.
Optionally: rent horse and ride around (for experienced riders). Lunch in the local resort is included.
We start drive back to Bishkek around 3 pm. 2 hours to return back to Bishkek city. You will be taken to the address agreed beforehand.
The Trip Cost Includes
- • English, Russian speaking guide
- • Transfers according the program
- • Mineral water (1 l per person per day)
- • Entrance and ecological fees where necessary
- • Meal: (breakfasts – 1, lunches – 2, dinners – 1)
- • Accommodation in the yurt camp - 1 night.
- • Spanish, German, Kyrgyz, French, Japanese speaking guide, please check with a manager availability of a guide and extra charge.
Price per person
- FROM = 270$
Price per person
- Hat (very active sun on the high altitude).
- Personal first aid kit.
- Small walking sticks for Son Kul hiking.
- A flask for water.
- Photo camera.
- A smaller backpack.
- Sun-screen cream (30 or higher).
- • Special safe equipment for riding horse (helmet, elbow pads, protection to the back etc).
Necessary things to take with you
- Warm clothes (as Son Kul is a cold place all year around).
- Good trekking boots for hiking in the mountains.